Parent Teacher Fellowship
An integral part of our mission at VCS is to partner with families. Our Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF) is a group of parent volunteers that create a support system between parents and teachers. Our hope and prayer for Valley Christian School PTF is to be Christ-like and God-honoring in all we do and say by being a supportive, positive, and encouraging group.
Parents whose children attend VCS may become members of the PTF. Each month there is a PTF meeting. Those who are interested in the PTF must be fully committed to the mission, vision, and statement of faith of VCS. Typically, meetings take place the third Thursday each month from 6:30 to 7:30 pm. There is no fee for membership; many schools do have a membership fee, but we believe that may hinder some parents and we want all the parents involved.
There are several subcommittees that need volunteers to ensure that activities take place. Each committee is designed with different time commitments in mind to fit even the busiest schedule. Committees include:
- Fundraising Committees (Jog-a-Thon, auction, other)
- Health Committee
- Room Parents
- Hospitality Committee
Our goal is to make all parents welcome, to bridge the gap between VCS staff and parents, and to advance the mission of the school. If there is something you would like to see happen at the school that fits within PTF parameters, we are open to new ideas.
Rebecca Pike, President
Amelia Besola, Vice President
OPEN, Secretary OPEN, Volunteer Coordinator
If you would like to offer input or become a member, please contact PTF President, Rebecca Pike, at firstname.lastname@example.org or in the church office.
Some of the PTF sponsored events this school year:
- Holiday gift fair, coffee and wrapping station on November 8, 2017
- Veterans Day Chapel, coffee and muffins
- Santa Day Parade December 2, 2017
- Staff Christmas Brunch December 13, 2017
- Skate nights: January 13, 2018; February 15, 2018; April 11, 2018
- Craft/game event: “Spend time with the ones you love” supplies for 3 specific crafts as well as make your own valentine. Games and photo booth. February 10, 2018
- Movie event April 28, 2018 showing The Star, selling popcorn
- Eric Ode Family Reading Night Concert May 1, 2018, offering a variety of snacks
- Staff birthdays, 3rd Wednesday of every month. With treats and individual birthday cards
- Monthly meetings, 3rd Thursday of the month