Valley Christian School At-a-Glance
Valley Christian School was established in the fall of 1977 by concerned Christian parents who wanted the spiritual growth in their children strengthened by their school. Now in its 40th year of existence, Valley Christian School’s dedicated faculty and staff continue to inspire and equip students to excel academically and grow spiritually.
MISSION: Valley Christian School commits to partnering with families to provide an academically excellent, Christ-centered education by infusing the message of God's truth and grace into the children we serve.
- Academics one grade above national average
- 13 Classrooms
- Dedicated Science Lab
- Computer Lab/Library
- Mobile i-Pad Labs
- Dedicated Art and Music rooms
- Middle School Electives
- On-site Childcare
- Hot lunch prepared and served on-site daily
- Serving preschool through 8th grade
- Over fifty churches represented
- Small class sizes, allowing for individualized attention
- Dedicated, certified teachers who have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Classroom instruction placing God in the center of all things
- Annual spiritual theme and weekly chapels
► Students who graduate from the eighth grade are prepared to be servants in the community,equipped for honors level classes, and ready to live out a sincere faith in Jesus Christ.
Recognizing that students have individual learning styles, teachers differentiate instruction to help meet the needs of all learners. Students explore all subject areas through a biblically integrated, Christ-centered curriculum.
Bible, English/Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies
- Computer Skills
- Physical Education
Middle school electives include:
- Worship Team: Student-led songs at weekly Chapel; instrument lessons
- Sketch Art
VCS standardized test scores indicate that our students are at least one year above the national average.
Valley Christian School is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and is an Approved Private School of the State of Washington, meeting or exceeding State standards.
Grade Level-Appropriate Activities
- Choir and Music
- Regional Spelling Bee
- Speech Meet
- Science Fair
- Field Trips
- Student Council
- Community Service Projects
- Spiritual Retreat
- Weekly Chapel
On-Site Child Care
- Offering licensed before or after-school care for children ages 2 through 12
- Fun, engaging activities, as well as outdoor play
- Homework Club offered on-site for students age 13 and older (hourly charge)
New for 2017-2018:
Structured program that uses kindergarten level curriculum, specifically designed for children who are either old enough for kindergarten, but not quite ready for our full day program, or not 5 years old by August 31, but ready for kindergarten.
An exciting opportunity for homeschooled students, grades K-8, to be offered programs that might be challenging for parents to provide in a home setting.